Craniosacral Therapy in Perth
ABOUT CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY
CranioSacral Therapy, CST for short, is a gentle but effective development of osteopathy and cranial osteopathy focused primarily on releasing restrictions in and around the dural membrane system and improving the flow of the vital cerebrospinal fluid it contains. This gives the body a general health boost at a fundamental level as well as focusing on particular restrictions. Further similar light-touch techniques, including SomatoEmotional Release, (SER), help to free physical restrictions anywhere in the body and also help patients to explore underlying emotional and life-pattern issues when appropriate for them, or if they appear spontaneously, and to understand and release them in their own way on their journey towards a healthier and happier future.
WHAT’S TREATMENT LIKE?
The patient lies fully-clothed, or sits if this is easier, on a comfortable treatment couch. Treatment is given with very light touch - patients feel a range of sensation from nothing at all to increased heat and tingling in an area. Release of a restriction can lead to improved flow in a system, eg of blood, lymph, CSF, air, or energy, and this is often quite noticeable. The patient may slip it into a meditative state; the whole experience is generally very relaxing. After treatment you may feel your body adapting to change for a day or so - although the work is gentle it can be very effective.
CONDITIONS THAT OFTEN RESPOND WELL TO CST
- Headache, migraine
- Back, neck, shoulder, joint pain
- Digestive problems, heartburn, IBS
- Recovery from accident, injury, illness
- Long term stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia
- Relationship difficulties, bereavement, separation*
* I strongly recommend treatment if you are going through a separation or divorce. Looking at your patterns in relationships may help you to avoid repeating them in a new relationship and so reduce further turmoil.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
I usually suggest that patients have a course of two or three treatments. This will often be enough to give people significant help with their main health concern. I encourage people still to come for treatment after that as often as they feel it helpful, maybe even just once every few months. This can be enough to give long term health benefits and an opportunity to help with deeper concerns and issues as they arise.
SOME OF THE KEY FEATURES OF CRANIOSACRAL THERAPY
- It's gentle yet powerful, using light touch and focused intention
- It uses no medication or specialised equipment
- It's empowering for patient and therapist, "the patient is doing the healing"
- It makes efficient use of treatment time
- It's easily processed by the body
- It's both technical and creative, a left and right brain approach
- It can incorporate all of the practitioner's and patient's other therapeutic and life experience
- It's a gentle, listening way of giving treatment, as much as a range of skills
- It's truly holistic, an opportunity to all aspects of life, health and happiness at all physical and energetic levels.